Tuesday, 22 January 2013

My Current Holy Grail Mascaras...


Bourjois Volume Glamour Mascara- My long standing love.

This gives lots of volume, thickens lashes and never flakes. It's water resistant too as I have cried many times over the years and my mascara has been left untouched. However if you shower or swim it will leave black tracks/raccon eyes. The wand has a big bristle brush and bristles are tightly packed which means that it will pull the lashes together making lashes look heavier and fuller. However because of this type of brush it does tend to clumpso have a eyelash comb/spoolie on hand. It is quite a wet mascara but I haven't found this a problem.
It''s also cheaper than other drugstore mascaras.
(£7.99 Boots, Superdrug)
 

PLUS +

 

 
 No. 7 Intense Volume Waterproof Mascara - Despite the name it seems to add length rather than volume. I add this to the ends of my eyelashes, you can see the fibres just attach to the end of each lash making them longer as you use it.
 
The bristle brush tapers to a point and the bristles are further apart so that you can separate and define each lash. Unfortunately I haven't found this to be waterproof or water resistant but it does hold and keep the eyelash curled (£12 Boots)
(No.7's 360 degree mascara was perfect it gave volume and length and was very water resistant you'd cry and then never know the difference. Boots no.7 discontinued this why, oh why?)
 

 

....and my secret weapon

 
Cosmopolitan Eyelash Curlers- This is great for curling lashes.
I use this heated with a hairdryer to give a more dramatic effect. Have used mine for the past 5 years.
The white grips on the handles makes this sturdier, it has good spring action and comes with two replacement pads as well.
Plus it's also cheap £4.19 from Superdrug only a few pence more than E.L.F and cheaper than the boots one I tried.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...