Friday 1 November 2013

Bobbi Brown Oil Free Even Finish Compact Foundation Review

Bobbi Brown claims "this foundation never looks fake or makeup-y, just like smooth, even skin. With 12 hours of flawless, oil-free wear, all you see is your skin-at its best."



Bobbi Brown Cream Compact Foundation in Warm Sand 2.5. Price £32 

This fooundation is available in 19 shades. It has won awards for
  • Best Base for Black and Asian Skin, Sunday Times Style Beauty Awards 2013.
  • Best Foundation Range, The Guardian Best Beauty Buys 2013.

 The Packaging-

This is the first compact I've had and it does make me feel like a lady. It's sleek and shiny with a mirror and sponge to apply it with. It contains 9 g. although the website shows the new compact is now 8g.


I chose Bobbi Brown because the range of foundations are yellow toned and I have a warm olive skin tone. At first I tried the moisturising foundation (I was persuaded by a Bobbi Brown make up artist with dry winter skin) this broke me out around my nose so I bought this oil free compact instead and had more success with it. However I do try and avoid putting this around my nose.

This is the first cream foundation I've used and it took a little time getting used to it. At first I applied it using the sponge provided but I found that this wasted a lot of product on the sponge and tended to look thick and cakey. Then I used a damp Real Techniques brush and this thinned the application producing a light-medium coverage. For light coverage I painted my face in downward motion and for more coverage I buffed it onto my skin. This covered red areas on my cheeks and around my mouth if I buffed the foundation and it can cover spots.
Basically coverage is buildable from light to heavy and dries to a matte finish. It does give smooth appearance covers ay bumps and doesn't cake (unless you are using the sponge provided which I recommend that you don't)  or cling to dry areas (I use a moisturiser before using.) I have sensitive skin but this hasn't caused any irritations or breakouts.
This foundation lasts about 12 hours or 8 hours without powder. I haven't got into the habit of powdering yet but I would recommend that if you are particularly oily, I would suggest powdering your T-zone.

Conclusion
This is a versatile foundation where you can decide how much coverage you need. It's a good everyday foundation.
This compact has lasted me at least 6 months wearing once to three times a week however for a friend who used it with the sponge provided and wore every day, it lasted a month.
I love the versatility of this foundation and will definitely re-purchase. I would recommend this foundation as a great all rounder.

You might like this if....
  • You have yellow tones in your skin-tone
  • Like the idea of a versatile foundation

You might not like this if...
  •  You are on a budget and want full coverage everyday.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...