Tuesday 10 June 2014

Shu Uemura Face Architect Illuminating Moisture Fluid Foundation Updated Review

I've been using Shu Uemera Face Architect Illuminating Fluid Foundation for 6 months now and thought I'd give you an update as there are a few more things i'd like to add. (see HERE for my original review post.)




Left side of face Without foundation, then with foundation
Right pictures: Foundation swatch on my arm, the mole shows how much coverage the foundation gives

I've used almost two thirds of the bottle during 6 months, wearing foundation roughly 2-3 times a week. I usually apply two pumps on a damp Real Techniques Expert face brush. I would say this gives light to medium coverage and feels light on the skin .It blurs and evens skin tone, can cover most of the redness but freckles will show through but not as strongly if you weren't wearing foundation.
From long term use I've noticed the skin on my forehead has become uneven and small spots and bumps have appeared. I have sensitive combination skin and my forehead tends to be oily but I rarely get spots here. This seems to be from the oil rather than an allergic reaction. This foundation benefits from a powder and touch up during the day. I'd be careful about wearing this every day if you have oily skin or oily combination skin. This foundation is fine to use around my nose which is where my skin gets congested which is surprising. For now I think i'll be wearing this just occasionally.

To sum up this is light foundation that gives light to medium coverage and semi matte finish. Oily and oily combination skins may want to avoid this or use it just occasionally and rotate with other foundations. This will need to be powdered especially for hot weather. However the bottle does go a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...