Monday 26 January 2015

I Heart Make Up Palette in GO! Review

This aptly named I Heart Make Up Go Palette is a compact eye shadow, blush and highlighter travel palette that fits into one hand. It contains 6 eye shadows (5 shimmer and one matte finish) and
two blushes and a highlighter. This was part of the bundle of products from a Make Up Revolution's Black Friday deal (I Heart Makeup is a sister brand)


The shades of the eye shadows are neutral and wearable browns, copper and pinks. The palest cream shadow is a little chalky and almost all the eye shadows (apart from the last two) needed a couple of swipes for the photos. I expected the last shadow on the left to be a dark plum but it's actually a dark brown. Without primer the eye shadows half disappeared after 7 hours of wear (the same as most other eye shadows my slightly oily lids) with a good primer underneath these last all day.




For me the best part if this palette were the blushes they both look so natural on the face. I don't mean natural as in sheer where the hell is it? But rather part of your face's natural beauty. The bright pink blush looks neon in the pan but actually applies to give a fairly natural colour. I was wondering if the other blush could be used as a contour on either my skin or someone much paler but it's more of a peach colour than a brown and appears very much as a blush. They were velvety and easy to swatch compared to the eye shadows. The colour of the peach blusher reminded me of Urban Decay's blusher Fetish from the Limited Edition Anarchy Face palette.The highlighter is on the silvery pink side and is pretty finely milled and almost an exact dupe for the highlighter in the discontinued Benefit Perfect 10 Duo (Make Up Revolution is ever so slightly warmer although this is barely noticeable.) Personally I suit golden highlighters but the quality is pretty good.


This is the first palette I've tried from I Heart Make Up and to be honest I think I prefer the palettes in the Make Up Revolution range, although I've yet to try I Heart Make Up's Chocolate palettes. It's convenient to have your blushes, hight lighter and eye shadows all together in a compact and portal palette. The blushes (6.5g) and highlighter (4.5g) are fairly generously sized in such a small palette. The eye shadows can easily fit a brush or a finger and add up to 5g of product.  I feel the selling point of the palette are the blushes and the high lighter,especially as they are near dupes from discontinued shades. At the reduced price below it might be worth it for these three things alone.
The full price of these are £6.49 but it is currently priced at £3.99 on the Make Up Revolution website here


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...