Saturday 28 March 2015

Make Up Revolution The One Fluid Blusher & Atomic Lipstick in Ruby Review


Make Up Revolution The One Fluid Blusher in Rush Me

Make Up Revolution The One Fluid Blushers are packaged very much like Daniel Sandler's famous watercolour blushes. These come boxed with a stripe across the top of the box showing the colour inside and hold 14.4g of product in a very small bottle. These fluid blushers are oil free (yay for some) and silicone based (various Dimethicones) that make it glide across the skin but this may be a no-go for those who are allergic to silicones. I have sensitive combination skin and I did not have any problems and can agree with MUR that it doesn't clog pores either. These liquid blushes also contain vitamin E and Jojoba, both of which are good for the skin. The smell is very neutral and there's no artificial, heavy chemical scent some products have.

Before applying you need to give this a shake to mix the silicone and pigment together. Then put a drop on the back of your hand, dip a finger in and rub and blend on your cheek. Because of the bottle design and because I'm not used to using liquid blushes, I often pour out too much and also have the product running/dripping off your finger/hands. I recommend applying this over a sink as it's a lot messier than applying something like Benefit's Benetint. (Maybe they should rethink the packaging?) You only need one or two drops but it's very easy to over do, but a few dabs of concealer and foundation can fix this. I find applying liquid blushes tricky but although this is messy to use, achieving the desired effect was easy. As long as the bottle is shaken before use this can be used on bare skin as well.



All of Make Up Revolution's The One Fluid blushes have a gold shimmer to them. I wasn't sure how obvious the shimmer would be, but I bought this in Rush Me, a peach gold blusher in the hope that it would give that Nars Orgasm highlighter glow, I couldn't find any reviews on it at the time so I thought I'd take a gamble and give it a go. In the bottle the blush looks peach but it actually gives a warm pink flush to the skin with a gold shimmer highlighting effect and not a hint of glitter or disco ball in sight. The gold does fade/wear off first after around 5 hours and the pink blush wears after 8 hours. I don't have Daniel Sandler's fluid watercolour blushes so I don't know which one is more superior but what I can say is I like this a lot and for £3 it's definitely worth checking out. I think I've fallen in love...I can't wait to try it in a darker shade such as Desire which is a raspberry colour. See the other colours available at Make Up Revolution website here.

Make Up Revolution Atomic Collection Lipstick in Ruby


The shade Ruby is supposed to be a dupe for Mac's ever popular Ruby Woo. However Ruby Woo is matte and this lipstick is not quite as matte, since it shines a little in the light. This is fairly comfortable to wear and not at all drying, a common complaint with Mac's Ruby Woo. It's a blue based Hollywood red (although Ruby sometimes looks like an orange/warm red it's not) and if you google pictures of Mac Ruby Woo you'll see it pretty much suits every skin tone despite it being a blue/cool red. I think the same can be said for Make Up Revolution's Ruby lipstick as well. I absolutely love this shade as it's just so glamorous!
It smells of vanilla and it does taste very subtly of vanilla. I've been wearing this with a No 7 lip liner in Fire as a lip base, which is a pretty good match for this lipstick (the lip liner leans a little warmer but it's not that noticeable.) After that I blot twice in between applying three layers altogether. Without a base of lip liner underneath this lipstick has a habit of moving all over the mouth area after drinking and eating so a lip liner is recommended. Unfortunately this lipstick does transfer when drinking, but the blotting and layering means that the pigment remains pretty much intact through a coffee and cold drinks. However this did not last through a meal at lunch or dinner which is pretty much standard for a budget lipstick.

I recommend this lipstick for those either on a budget, looking for a dupe or those scared of bright reds but want to give it a go without spending a lot. And of course for bargain hunters. This is my favourite shade of lipstick that I've bought from MUR and it's only £1! Available at Make Up Revolution online.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...