Monday 18 January 2016

December Beauty and TV Favourites


I know this is late up but I thought I'd share the beauty products I loved over December. I've been using The Body Shop Born Lippy lip balm in plum all the time which gives a nice sheer berry colour to the lips and is actually moisturising at the same time. Also I'm still in love with The Body Shop's Mango Body Butter, it smells like heaven and cheers me up during the winter months. As it was the festive and also new year I got out my Collection Glam Crystals in Glitz and was impressed by the staying power on my eyelids, it's also cheap and pigmented too- a real bargain.  I was given By Terry Baume de Rose's limited edition gold lip balm Jewel as a present. This is a holiday version of By Terry's famous baume de Rose lip balm/ gloss that is enriched with 24K gold, I kid you not. The gold micro-particles that give lips a shimmery look or glow it's actually fairly subtle if you don't plaster it on (then it looks a little milky with a white sheen.)  It also contains Shea Butter and cell-boosting Pastel Oil which is fairly mositurising and comfortable to wear and not sticky in the slightest. By Terry Baume de Rose tastes of rose water but no where near as strong as  L'Oreal lipstick. I also got a lot of use from Jeffree Star's Velour Liquid Lipstick in RedRum a lot as it's the perfect matte Hollywood red. I will be doing a longer review on it as well.

Downton Abbey
This post-Edwardian period drama is set in the fictional Yorkshire country estate of Downton Abbey and focuses on the aristocratic Crawley family and their servants downstairs. This critically acclaimed drama has been a worldwide success and is in it's final season which was aired in October- November and the last ever episode was filmed at Christmas. I watched this show from the beginning and was sad to see it go. I was glad Edith got her happy ever after as the sow concentrated a lot on Mary's love life and Edith was always side-lined and deserved some happiness. Although the show has finished it will be available on ITV's iplayer and iTunes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...