Monday 1 February 2016

Disappointing Beauty Products #6


Beauty Formula Fingernail Mask
I love the idea of a nail mask especially as my nails get so dry if I've been wearing nail polish for awhile so this is a nice treat. There are 10 mesh pockets covered in nourishing oils that you pop on each fingernail rather like finger puppets or hula hoops. You keep them on for 30-60 minutes. I did a test run with one nail for 30 minutes and it did actually work, my nail felt nourished, soft and smooth. The reason why I put it under disappointing beauty products is because it made my hand itch which may have been a slight allergic reaction as I have sensitive skin. If you don't have sensitive skin I would recommend this because it works and because of the novelty factor. The only thing is that the instructions weren't clear about which side of the pockets should be placed on the nail.

Boots Essentials Tinted Lipsalve £1
This is not the worst lip balm I've used but I wanted to include it as the product is not what it is advertised as. On the packaging Boots Essentials Tinted lip salve "enhances your natural lip colour" the lip balm itself pale pink colour and when applied makes your lips look paler which is unflattering and then settles into the lines on your lips and looks white! Most tinted lip balms are generally darker so that they show up on your lips. It does "protect and moisturises the lips" and is fragrance free and dermalogically tested and very purse friendly but I would give this a miss especially if you are looking for a tinted lip balm.

Ciate Nail Polish in Strawberry Milkshake
Oh I had such high hope for this polish, I mean it's Ciate right? A nail polish brand with a good reputation that everyone covets. But this polish in particular  was so difficult to apply - it was streaky, uneven and took an age to dry. It was very difficult to work with. You can see this post to see the review and swatches in full.

B Pure Micellar Water
I found that this didn't remove my makeup well and it left a tacky residue on my skin which resulted in spots. It does remove waterproof mascara and eyeliner but not as well as my usual no 7 eye makeup remover.

Aussie Mega Instant Dry Shampoo
This did absolutely nothing for my hair. It did not soak up any grease, it did not add volume it did not make my hair look any fresher. The full review is  here



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...