Wednesday 11 July 2018

MAC Cosmetics False Lashes Extreme Black Mascara Review

I wrote this post during my hiatus. Unfortunately these mascaras are now too old to wear (they should be replaced every 3 months to avoid eye infections) so I couldn't take pictures of my eye lashes wearing this mascara but just so you know I have long black straight lashes.



MAC Cosmetics describes this mascara as "Fashionably false in look but honestly real, this mascara's key benefits of volume and curl are matched by a dramatically exaggerated end look... The result is incredibly magnified and multiplied lashes that are thick, long, curled and feathered." They claim this mascara is the blackest of them all - carbon black. It is ophthalmology tested so should be fine for contact lens wearers, but it's not waterproof, although there is a waterproof version available.

The reality- I'd describe this mascara as a natural look or daytime mascara because it doesn't give lashes a dramatic full on false lash effect as the name implies. The brush is a bristle brush (rather than a plastic one) which MAC Cosmetics describe as being 'a unique double lush brush' that pushes up eyelashes. When I use it doesn't push up lashes and I fail to see why there's anything unique about it. This could be because I was testing the smaller sample brush but the full sized brush pictured on the website looks just like any other brush. However the wand is great for separating and fanning out the lashes. It's a wet formula which MAC claim is 'ultra thickening' but I don't think it made my lashes look thicker or have more volume.  I found it does lengthen lashes but it didn't give my lashes any volume let alone the 75% increase MAC claims. It does hold a curl though even on my straight lashes. Despite the claim of 100% increased curl it would not be my first choice, I think Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Mascara is better for that. However the good thing is that this mascara doesn't smudge or flake and I had no problems wearing it with my contact lenses.



Two layers of this mascara produces a natural look rather than a ' va va voom' glam false lashes look. Apart from the colour which could be described as 'extreme black' this does the opposite of what is claims. This is a very natural looking mascara about as far away from 'False Lashes' as you can get. MAC Cosmetics claim that this mascara gives 75% increased volume, it gives 0%. It claims to give 100% curl more like 60%.

In my opinion I think MAC Cosmetics has wrongly marketed this mascara, yes it's a very dark black but the emphasis on the false lash look doesn't really match up with my experience of it. In all honesty I think there are much better mascaras out there for way less money.

MAC Cosmetics False Lashes Extreme Black Mascara MAC Cosmetics £20

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...