Friday 6 July 2018

Soap and Glory Rushower Scent-Sational Dry Shampoo Review

After the disappointment of Aussie Miracle Dry Shampoo (reviewed here) I decided to buy the travel sized 50 ml version this time instead of the full sized can. I love the fact that Soap and Glory named their dry shampoo as an abbreviated pun on rush-hour / rush shower (although maybe I'm just easy to please. My dream job would be to invent lipstick and eye shadow names!)

Soap and Glory emphasise the scent of the product by naming it 'Sent-sational' with a 'friction-activated TOUCH-RELEASE™ technology to give your hair a gorgeous burst (of scent) whenever you run your fingers through it.' The scent is substantial but not overpowering but you may want to make sure your perfume harmonizes with the dry shampoo. The scent is not as strong as the Collab New York dry shampoo which verges on body spray territory. The formula contains mandarin rose and bergamot. I would describe the scent as a typical hair product scent, pleasant but not unusual. To me this smells like a fresh but floral hair mousse, as if you're at a hairdressers with a bouquet of flowers beside you or fresh out of the shower after using a floral shower gel.

The directions tell you to shake the can before using it and hold the can upright 15 cm away from the hair and spray liberally, focusing on the roots. Afterwards massage the roots with finger tips until the grease it gone. If you want to refresh the fragrance then just ruffle your hair during the day. Other dry shampoos recommend holding the can 20 or 30 cm away so 15 cm is easier to hold and doesn't seem to affect the performance of the product. I used Scunci's ceramic Volume brush from Primark alongside the dry shampoo to build volume at the roots and distribute the product. Although any brush with backcombing bristles would work.The mist is fine and it's not sticky either. It doesn't leave white marks on my brunette hair.

It absorbs grease well but the true test is whether it's long wearing. My hair usually gets greasy on day 2 hair and I wash it every other day with Pantene's Classic Care Shampoo. When I use other shampoos I find that I have to wash my hair every day. The first time I used this was on day 4 hair and it made my very lank hair look in acceptable enough condition to leave the house. It did itch a few times in the first 20 minutes afterwards and then it was completely fine. I don't know whether this was because I may have been a bit trigger happy spraying it onto my hair. It lasted about 6 hours before needing a refresh spray. To some people it may seem that 6 hours isn't a product with a great performance record but for me this is the only dry shampoo that has lasted more than an hour on my thick hair and oily roots. The dry shampoo is easy to wash out. I have been using this over a few months mostly once every 7-10 days on hair that's gone without washing day 3-7 day hair. It initially itched once or twice on application but doesn't anymore. It gives volume to lank hair and does absorb some of the grease. It is a lifesaver as it makes my hair look good and clean. However I've used  this on at least 10 occasions and 3 of those occasions it didn't do anything, so the success rate is about 70%. The three times it didn't do much may have had something to do with my technique.

To sum up Soap and Glory's Rushower Scent-Sational Dry Shampoo gets a thumbs up good review but not a glowing review. It's definitely worth checking out especially if you don't have thick hair. I will be buying the bigger sized can and will happily keep using on using this.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...