Wednesday 4 July 2018

Poundland Nail Polish One Coat Wonders & Fearne Capri Body Lotion Review

After being impressed by Poundland's Makeup Gallery nail polish in Midnight Black (which you can read about here) I decided to pick up a couple more nail polishes. I actually get really impatient when doing my nails so i'm glad that both of these red polishes are opaque in one coat (my favourite kind of polish!) Each polish contains 10 ml and costs £1.

Poundland Make Up Gallery Well Polished Ridge Base
I picked this up because I have deep ridges in my nails at the moment. The formula is thinner than I expected it to be but it wasn't runny. It took around 9-10 minutes to dry. I noticed that it doesn't protect against stained nails so dark colours would need another base coat as well to prevent staining. I wore the red nail polishes twice without the Well Polished Ridge Base and just used Bourjois base coat by itself and noticed no difference. In short, this base coat doesn't really do anything so it's not worth buying.

Poundland Make Up Gallery Pillar Box Red 15 is a bright but classic warm red and because it's a bright and cheerful it's perfect for summer! It's so bright and shiny it could be mistaken for a gel polish, Poundland's Makeup Gallery Time to Shine range definitely delivers on the shine! The brush handle is short but it has a long and wide brush which makes it easy to apply. It also claims to be 'Quick Dry,' it took about 4-6 minutes to dry which isn't very quick, it's probably the average or just under average drying time. Then I applied Butter London's Hardwear PD Quick Top coat on the fingers that I wasn't using the matte coat. The first time I applied Pillar box red nail polish it lasted around 3 days but the second time I used it it lasted 4- 5 days. I also applied this over a thick and gloopy base coat (that I'm trying to use up) and it didn't affect the smoothness of either of the red polishes, they still looked great.




Poundland Make up Gallery Ruby Red 16 looks very similar to Pillar Box red but is a shade or two darker and took longer to dry as well around 7-10 minutes. I just applied one coat but obviously two coats would produce a darker shade. It is just as shiny as Pillar box red and has the same brush. I wore this earlier without any topcoat and it lasted about 2 days before chipping. This time around I used a topcoat and while the polish is showing signs of wear on the tips it still looks presentable 5 days later.






Poundland Makeup Gallery Matte Top Coat. I have never used a matte top coat and I'm pleased to say that it works, turning Poundland's super shiny Time To Shine nail polish completely matte. The consistency of Poundland's Matte Top Coat is fairly thick and you have to be careful not to apply too much as it gives the nail a puffy look that takes longer to dry. During application it's sometimes hard to see where you have applied it because it's transparent but that issue would be the same across all matte top coats. It's best to apply this over a top coat that's good at preventing chips to make your manicure last longer.  I applied the matte top coat over Butter London's P.D. Quick Topcoat (which is glossy)  and it made them matte. The matte finish wears off after 5-6  days but by then you would have to take the polish off anyway.



Out of all the polishes I'd recommend the Matte Top Coat, it stays matte at least for 4- 5 days and compared to the price of a lot of matte nail polishes it's a bargain! Both of the red polishes didn't seem to last as long as Poundland's Time To Shine polish in Midnight Black but 4-5 days is pretty good in my book (especially as they're not gel polishes.) Overall I think Poundland's Makeup Gallery Time To Shine nail polishes are good value for money and I look forward to trying more from them.

Ferne Capri Body Lotion



I am a big fan of the reality show 'The Only Way is Essex' and Ferne Mccann's down to earth character with her foot-in-mouth tendency grew on me. She now has a range of body skincare in Poundland along with fellow ex Towie member Mario Falcone's mens range. Ferne's range includes body washes and body sprays in Capri and Blush Oud. Capri is also available as an EDT and body lotion. There is also a Sorento body spray as well as false nails and false lashes.

Ferne wanted to 'design a luxurious product range for everyone, that shows off the scents I love in beautiful packaging.' The packaging is really pretty and elegant. For just a quid you get a generous 150 ml for your money and the low price point makes it accessible for everyone. The body lotion contains shea butter to provide hydration and aloe vera juice to soothe skin. It does contain parabens though (Methylparaben and Ethylparaben.) The lotion is white and is thicker in consistency and feels more like a cream. Although it feels a bit greasy on application it soon goes away which I was really surprised about, leaving the skin well moisturised.

While the packaging and price is great, the scent?  In my opinion Capri smells.....like Cif Lemon cleaner. It has a sharp lemon note to it. I guess Capri is inspired by the citrus plants in Italy but to me it smells like a bathroom cleanser. If you are in love with citrus scents you may like this better than me.

It's not a bad product it's very moisturising and leaves skin feeling soft I just wish it came in another scent. I think this is going to be my hand cream as it's thick, non greasy moisturiser which would will come in handy during winter. Ferne also has two other body sprays in Sorento and Blush Oud which I may check out in future.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...