Wednesday 28 November 2018

Superdrug Optimum PhytoSurvive Multi-Protect Serum Review

Optimum skincare is one of Superdrug's own brands and is marketed as more cutting edge than their B range. The brand "harnesses the power of technology" to provide "high-tech skincare to women of all ages."  Products from Optimum skincare are "infused with natural ingredients." The brand uses "the highest quality ingredients to create indulgent, luxurious and effective formulas." Optimum products are cruelty free and suitable for vegetarians and most products are vegan.



Optimum PhytoSurvive Multi-Protective Serum is part of the PhytoSurvive range which concentrates on reducing environmentally stressed skin such as wind chapped skin and pollution. It is also designed for those over 40. Although I'm not yet in my 40's I chose it anyway as I had read good reviews. My skin can get a little dry and tight across my cheeks during the colder months so I picked up this "Anti-Stress 24-hour Hydrating Serum."  It contains PhytoSnow-Algae and Vitamin E to increase the skin’s resilience and adaptability to everyday environmental stress factors. It is also infused with MoistBoost, a slow-release hydrating complex, which has been clinically proven to soften and improve skin’s suppleness throughout the day providing a brighter and smoother complexion. Optimum describes this serum as having a "silky lightweight texture, which absorbs quickly on application to provide immediate and long lasting hydration." They claim that this serum prolongs skin hydration up to 5 days after application.

Onto the packaging, the grey/silver bottle is very sleek and scientific looking and matches the brand's image. It has a pump which works well and one pump is enough for the whole face. The only down side is that you can't see how much is left in the bottle so you have to judge by the weight.

Optimum PhytoSurvive Multi Protect Serum is a pale white, gel consistency and smells like a nice shampoo. I've been using it morning and evening under moisturiser for the last two months. It's a lightweight serum but it does take awhile to absorb into the skin. After I've applied it I often go and do something else and then come back a few minutes later to apply my moisturiser on top. This is a decent hydrating serum and has kept dry skin at bay. It has made my skin softer but I haven't really noticed any brightening effects. When I occasionally skipped using this I did notice my skin felt a little tight so it does keep you hydrated but not so much that it "prolongs skin hydration up to 5 days after application," but 24 hours I'd agree with. Serums can be very expensive but this is a steal at the regular price £12.99! At the moment it's on offer for £6.35! However it is very heavily scented and while it hasn't broken me out or set my asthma off it probably won't be a repeat purchase for this reason. If you love scented products then I can see that this ticks the boxes for an affordable, effective serum with a luxury spa scent

Optimum Optimum PhytoSurvive Multi-Protective Serum 30ml is available at Superdrug now £6.35 (normally £12.99)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...